Square/Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey's public fund for global COVID-19
After the pandemic, the focus will shift to girl’s health and education, and UBI.
- $ 0
- -$ 152,176,028
- $ -152,176,028
*Currently not affiliated with Jack/Twitter/Square.
Data is pulled from a copy of his Google sheet once daily.
List of Grantees
- Sean Carter FoundationCOVID-19$500,0006/15/2020Funds used to provide 3,862 households at Marcy, Sumner and Tompkins Houses in New York City, supermarket gift cards to assist in purchasing food.
- The Network: Advocating Against Domestic ViolenceCOVID-19$250,0006/18/2020Supporting the Networks Crisis Support fund providing rental and utility assistance, groceries and household needs for victims and survivors of domestic violence. Total Grant: $500k in partnership with the Clara Lionel Foundation.
- Newark Emergency Services for FamiliesCOVID-19$50,0006/18/2020Supports the operation of the homeless Drop-in Center, food pantry and meal programming, as well as rental and utility assistance for families on the brink of eviction. Total Grant: $100k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation.
- La Casa de Don Pedro - Rental Relief ProgramCOVID-19$484,2006/18/2020Rental Relief Program to provide three months of rent payments, gift cards for groceries and essential goods, and access to housing counselors 50 days after the rent payment is made for 300 families in Newark. Total Grant: $968,440 in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation.
- Newark Working Kitchens - World Central KitchenCOVID-19$500,0006/18/2020Newark Working Kitchens, through World Central Kitchen to support the distribution of 150,000 meals to food-insecure households, including senior citizens, low-income families and homeless individuals, in Newark. Total Grant: $1M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation.
- The Resurrection Project - Cash Assistance FundCOVID-19$500,0006/18/2020Cash Assistance Fund to provide economic assistance to the more than 340,000 Chicagoans excluded from the federal stimulus programs, such as undocumented individuals, mixed-status families, dependent adults and college students living in poverty. Total Grant: $1M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation.
- Greater Chicago Food DepositoryCOVID-19$250,0006/18/2020Supports food access and distribution points across Cook County remain intact through a network of 700 partners and programs, including pantries, youth-focused partners, soup kitchens and shelters. Total Grant: $500k in partnership with the Clara Lionel Foundation.
- Bright Star Community OutreachCOVID-19$425,0006/18/2020To provide rental assistance, expanded trauma support services and food access for low-income families in Chicago. Total Grant: $850k in partnership with the Clara Lionel Foundation
- The Jed FoundationCOVID-19$1,275,0006/18/2020To enable mental health experts to provide virtual consultations to campuses, trainings designed to help teens and young adults recognize and help their peers in distress, and workshops for businesses and community groups to educate parents on how to recognize a young adult in their life who may be struggling with the COVID-19 pandemic. Total Grant: $2,550,000 in partnership with the Clara Lionel Foundation.
- Child Mind InstituteCOVID-19$647,5006/18/2020To support the 150 first responder consultation calls, crisis support in 500 New York City public schools, capacity-building training for 150 educators and expanded access for the direct treatment of 1,200 at-risk students. Total Grant: $1,375,000 in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- Give Directly, Inc. - From Compton With LoveCOVID-19$900,0006/8/2020Supporting the "From Compton With Love" Cash Relief Fund through GiveDirectly. The direct payment initiative is in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and will provide $1000 to qualified EBT Fresh/SNAP Program users within the City of Compton zip codes 90220, 90221 and 90222. Total Grant: $1M in partnership with City of Compton & anonymous private donor(s).
- NAACP Legal Defense & Education Fund, Inc.Social Justice$500,0006/17/2020For their policing reform campaign, their voter rights work especially around ensuring black voters can vote absentee, and their advocacy around education on access with distance learning. Total Grant: $1M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- The Bail ProjectSocial Justice$250,0006/17/2020To Immediately provide bail for people to help decrease the prison population. Total Grant: $500k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- Black Visions CollectiveSocial Justice$750,0006/17/2020Supporting Black Visions Collective commitment to dismantling systems of oppression and violence and creating a world in which ALL Black Lives Matter. Total Grant: $1.5M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- The Movement for Black LivesSocial Justice$500,0006/17/2020In support of community organizing, building local power and distribution of funds to community organizations across the United States.Total Grant: $1M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- Action St. Louis / ArchCity DefendersSocial Justice$500,0006/17/2020In support of their efforts to combat the criminalization of poverty and state violence, especially in communities of color. Total Grant: $750k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- Communities United for Police ReformSocial Justice$250,0006/17/2020To support their campaign to end discriminatory policing practices in New York fighting for reforms that will promote community safety while ensuring that the NYPD protects and serves all New Yorkers. Total Grant: $500k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- Black Lives MatterSocial Justice$250,0006/17/2020To support their current #defundthepolice campaign, chapters across the country and 2020 election mobilization with a focus on engaging GenZ voters, advance voters rights and eliminating voter suppression. Total Grant: $500k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- Advancement ProjectSocial Justice$500,0006/17/2020Supporting Advancement Project's mission to fulfill America’s promise of a caring, inclusive and just democracy using innovative tools and strategies to strengthen social movements and achieve high impact policy change for equality and justice. Total Grant: $1M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- ColorofChange Education FundSocial Justice$250,0006/17/2020To immediately support the organizations demands for policing as well as long-term systems change work. Total Grant: $750k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- Center for Popular Democracy Inc.Social Justice$1,000,0006/17/2020To transform the justice system by making one specific intervention: freeing the resources needed to invest in community needs by divesting from policing & criminalization. Total Grant: $2.5M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- Policing EquitySocial Justice$500,0006/17/2020To expand to new cities and communities to build a movement that is both specific to the root issues in policing and that exposes and eliminates the sources of racism that pervade the criminal justice system in the US. Total Grant: $1M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- Campaign ZeroSocial Justice$2,200,0006/12/2020To support their national initiative leveraging data to improve policing outcomes in America by mapping police violence, creating a public police union contract database, and a police use of force public database.
- St. Augustine High SchoolCOVID-19$1,500,0006/11/2020Supports St. Augustine High School, an all African American Private Catholic High School in New Orleans with new academic programs and several capital improvement initiatives.
- Code TenderloinCOVID-19$1,600,0006/11/2020Will support Code Tenderloins Calming the Corner street pop-up providing immediate and on the ground needs in the Tenderloin of San Francisco.
- New York City Gay and Lesbian Anti Violence ProjectCOVID-19$1,750,0006/3/2020Funds will support the AVP 24/7 Spanish/English crisis intervention hotline nationally and launch text and chat. It will also provide assistance for undocumented LGBTQ immigrants with emergency support (food, shelter, housing and emergency immigration support including asylum filings and other court filings).
- Hispanic FederationCOVID-19$5,000,0006/10/2020Supports the Emergency Assistance Fund created to help offset the costs of the COVID-19 pandemic in immigrant communities throughout the US and Puerto Rico.
- CORE: Community Organized Relief EffortCOVID-19$20,000,0006/10/2020Supports CORE opening free COVID-19 testing sites in major metropolitan cities as well as rural communities throughout the United States.
- Vital Strategies: Resolve To Save LivesCOVID-19$20,000,0006/9/2020Supports the deployment of digital and organizational tools to help scale up contact tracing across the US to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- The Okra ProjectCOVID-19$75,0006/9/2020Dedicated to fighting food insecurity in the Black Transgender community.
- JaQuel Knight FoundationCOVID-19$95,0006/5/2020Supporting the Dancers' Relief Fund providing financial assistance to individual dancers greatly impacted by COVID-19.
- For The GworlsCOVID-19$80,0006/4/2020Supports the emergency relief fund helping Black transgender people continue to access their prescriptions during the pandemic by providing them with funds to travel to and from medical facilities via a rideshare service and providing co-pay assistance.
- Teen Health MississippiCOVID-19$75,0006/3/2020Funds will support the THMS Emergency Relief Fund established to support the urgent needs of Mississippi youth disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 by providing a variety of assistance options, including: housing, nutrition, childcare for parenting teens, transportation, medical, and school supply assistance for youth.
- Safe Place For YouthCOVID-19$200,0006/3/2020Funds will be used to help mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on homeless and at-risk youth in Los Angeles.
- St. Francis Community CenterCOVID-19$300,0006/3/2020Funding to be used as leverage in negotiations with landlords on behalf of immigrant clients in the St. Louis area who are in jeopardy of eviction due to the COVID-19 crisis. Funds will also be used to help relocate the client to a more stable housing situation.
- JW Family Foundation: 202 Assist ProjectCOVID-19$200,0006/3/2020Supports the 30-day Rent Relief program and fundraiser for Washington D.C's Ward 8 eligible residents (presented by John Wall Family Foundation) to directly help tenants in need of rental relief as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and SIP orders.
- Know Your Rights CampWhere it's needed most$3,000,0006/3/2020Know Your Rights Camp has a mission to advance the liberation and well-being of Black and Brown communities through education, self-empowerment, mass-mobilization and the creation of new systems that elevate the next generation of change leaders.
- Project NIACOVID-19$50,0006/3/2020Project Nia—“nia” meaning “with purpose” in Swahili—is a grassroots organization that works to end the arrest, detention, and incarceration of children and young adults by promoting restorative and transformative justice practices. Funds will be used to support the Project NIA - Summer Institute.
- Humanity ForwardCOVID-19$5,000,0005/21/2020Humanity Forward is committing to delivering one-time, and recurring, basic income payments to individuals and families who stand to be most impacted by the coronavirus crisis. The initial target populations will primarily consist of Americans in lower income brackets who depend on wage work to support them and their families
- World Central KitchenCOVID-19$5,000,0005/20/2020World Central Kitchen Restaurants for the People program is an innovative solution that simultaneously provides fresh meals to those in immediate need and keeps small businesses open in the midst of our ongoing health, economic, and humanitarian crises. Funds will support the Restaurants for the People Program in Oakland, CA
- Sisterhearts, Inc.COVID-19$500,0005/20/2020SisterHearts Re-Entry Program is focused on providing ex-offenders with a safe environment to achieve their goals with dignity. The program is centered around decarceration, offering a space for healing while rehumanizing those who have been incarcerated. SisterHearts also provides personal development courses, transportation, bank account support, driver’s license support and other resources to assist ex-offenders as they reintegrate into society. Funds will go to the SHERO Program (SisterHearts Exit ReEntry Organization).
- Edgewood Center for Children and FamiliesCOVID-19$350,0005/20/2020Edgewood Center for Children and Families promotes the behavioral health of children, youth, and families, and supports a positive transition to adulthood. Funds will be used to assist in the emergency essential services provided by Edgewood as a result of COVID-19.
- The Marshall Mathers FoundationCOVID-19$750,0005/20/2020Dedicated to providing assistance to disadvantaged and at-risk youth primarily in Detroit, Michigan and its surrounding communities. Funds will be used toward COVID-19 Emergency Relief efforts due. Total Grant: $1M in partnership with Eminem
- REFORM AllianceCOVID-19$10,000,0005/15/2020Support REFORM Alliance getting PPE into every jail and prison in the US.
- Kakenya's DreamCOVID-19$725,0005/15/2020Kakenya's Dream invests in girls from rural communities in Kenya through educational, health, and leadership initiatives to create agents of change. Their mission is to create a world where African women and girls are valued and respected as leaders and equal in every way. Our support will aid and provide Distance Learning and supplies while schools are closed due to COVID-19. It will also provide the necessary supplies to their students to maintain safe physical health and safety while away. It will build out Health, Counseling and Education Services and support for the girls in the program upon their return and will also support the build out and design of a new and larger Health Clinic
- Think of UsCOVID-19$450,0005/15/2020Think of Us is a systems change non-profit that focuses on leveraging technology to upgrade the foster care system and its programs for better life outcomes for its youth. Our support will fund their emergency Direct Relief Fund and to launch a Virtual Foster Care Housing Assistance Support Center.This investment will enable Think of Us to deploy urgently needed resources to older foster youth in danger of falling further through the cracks of an ailing child welfare system due to COVID-19.
- Mayor's Fund LACOVID-19$2,100,0004/9/2020Helping domestic violence victims in LA as a result of the COVID-19 Safer @ Home Order Total Grant: $4.2M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- CommonLitCOVID-19$600,0005/15/2020CommonLit is a 501c3 education technology nonprofit service 15M teachers and student across 70% of US Schools with FREE digital reading and writing lessons. The majority of schools that rely on their free online reading program qualify for Title I (high-poverty) support. Our support will help develop high-impact digital learning tools to support special needs students and English Language Learners who are most affected by the crisis and will experience the most learning loss during school closures.
- Live In PeaceCOVID-19$530,0005/15/2020For the #FirstOfTheMonth rent relief project aiming to identify and aid families with children who are at the greatest risk of losing their home/shelter. These families are not eligible for rent moratorium or government assistance and have seen devastating financial losses from COVID-19. These funds will help 300+ families in the Silicon Valley (East Palo Alto, East Menlo Park & Redwood City) with rent.
- Project 100COVID-19$10,000,0005/15/2020Project 100 is private direct payment initiative in response to the Covid-19 pandemic in the US. Funds support the pilot program to deliver $1000 to 100k families in the SNAP Program.
- Oakland Public Education FundCOVID-19$10,000,0005/15/2020Closing the Digital Divide for 25,000 students (K12, Middle and High School) in Oakland. Funds will provide laptops and internet to all.
- Elton John AIDS FoundationCOVID-19$1,000,0005/13/2020Funds will support the Elton John AIDS Foundation (EJAF) COVID-19 Emergency Fund to support EJAF frontline partners to respond to the pandemic and its’ effects on HIV prevention and care for the most marginalized communities.
- Give2SFCOVID-19$15,000,0005/12/2020City of San Francisco Give2SF Response & Recovery Fund. Will support food, housing access, small business and worker support programs for undocumented, mixed status and low income individuals and families in San Francisco.
- CORE: Community Organized Relief EffortCOVID-19$10,000,0005/8/2020Supports CORE opening free COVID-19 testing sites in major metropolitan cities as well as rural communities throughout the Unites States. CORE’s testing sites, which are already operating in Atlanta, Detroit and shortly in New Orleans and the Navajo Nation, are focused on serving vulnerable and underserved communities, including low income groups and communities of color, as well as first responders and essential workers.
- Community Association of Big SurCOVID-19$100,0005/7/2020Supports a relief fund for the most vulnerable individuals and families in the Big Sur community who are unable to receive state unemployment benefits or participate in any federal safety net programs. Thirty Six families will receive $600-$1100.
- DigDeep - Navajo Water ProjectCOVID-19$1,000,0005/7/2020Funds support the Navajo Water Project - connecting remote indigenous homes to hot and cold running water so that tribal members, especially the elderly and the at-risk, can stay home and stay safe, and to make Navajo Nation more resilient to ongoing and future outbreaks.
- Southwest Counseling SolutionsCOVID-19$79,0005/7/2020Helping build a strong stronger and healthier community through a broad range of mental health services. Total Grant: $158k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation.
- Wayne Metropolitan Community Action AgencyCOVID-19$500,0005/7/2020Responding to the immediate needs of Michigan residents through the CARES Relief & Recovery Services Initiative. Total Grant: $1.05M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation.
- Center for Popular Democracy Action FundCOVID-19$125,0005/7/2020Working to create equity, opportunity and a dynamic democracy in partnership with high-impact base-building organizations, organizing alliances, and progressive unions. Total Grant: $250k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation.
- Freedom HouseCOVID-19$50,0005/7/2020Supporting survivors of persecution seeking asylum through temporary accommodation. Total Grant: $50k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation.
- Community Foundation of Greater FlintCOVID-19$425,0005/7/2020Awarding rapid-response grants to nonprofit organizations providing services to vulnerable populations in Flint and Genesee. Total Grant: $850,000 in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation
- The Bail Project, Inc.COVID-19$25,0005/7/2020Advocating for people in jail who are unable to distance themselves from others and take other necessary preventative measures during COVID-19. Total Grant: $50k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation.
- Food Bank Council of MichiganCOVID-19$297,1805/7/2020Distributing food to people in need of assistance and meal services during COVID-19. Total Grant: $704,360 in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation.
- Dia de la Mujer LatinaCOVID-19$415,0004/30/2020Funds will be used to support the launch of the Telehealth Community Navigation Program addressing the racial/ethnic disparities and health inequities worsened by the COVID-19 crisis throughout the US. Total Grant: $500k in partnership with beyGOOD
- Bread of Life, Inc.COVID-19$830,0004/30/2020Funds will be used to purchase and provide emergency supplies to hospitals, police and fires departments, nursing homes and nonprofits. Total Grant: $1M in partnership with beyGOOD
- Matthew 25: MinistriesCOVID-19$830,0004/30/2020Funds will be used to purchase and provide emergency supplies to over 600 organizations throughout the United States - including hospitals, police and fires departments, nursing homes, schools, healthcare facilities and many more. Total Grant: $1M in partnership with beyGOOD
- NAMI: Metro (Detroit)COVID-19$83,0004/30/2020Supporting the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) efforts in Detroit as a result of COVID-19. NAMI offers services, support, education & advocacy for people living with mental health conditions & their loved ones. Total Grant: $100k in partnership with beyGOOD
- NAMI: New YorkCOVID-19$83,0004/30/2020Supporting the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) efforts in New York City s as a result of COVID-19. NAMI offers services, support, education & advocacy for people living with mental health conditions & their loved ones. Total Grant: $100k in partnership with beyGOOD
- NAMI: New OrleansCOVID-19$83,0004/30/2020Supporting the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) efforts in New Orleans as a result of COVID-19. NAMI offers services, support, education & advocacy for people living with mental health conditions & their loved ones. Total Grant: $100k in partnership with beyGOOD
- NAMI: Greater HoustonCOVID-19$124,5004/30/2020Supporting the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) efforts in Houston as a result of COVID-19. NAMI offers services, support, education & advocacy for people living with mental health conditions & their loved ones. Total Grant: $150k in partnership with beyGOOD
- NAMI: NationalCOVID-19$41,5004/30/2020Supporting the efforts of the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) ensuring that people are receiving mental health information, support and resources needed during the pandemic via their Helpline's in local communities and their national Helpline. https://www.nami.org/covid-19-guide Total Grant: $50k in partnership with beyGOOD
- UCLA FoundationCOVID-19$415,0004/30/2020Funds will be used to support the UCLA Depression Grand Challenge Interventions for COVID-19 Fund ("Stand Together During COVID-19") providing resources and tools designed to lift moods and ease anxiety and depression. Total Grant: $500k in partnership with beyGOOD
- World Central KitchenCOVID-19$207,5004/30/2020Supporting the nationwide emergency food relief program delivering meals to Americans that need assistance. Funds will also support the activation of local restaurants & workers. Total Grant: $250k in partnership with beyGOOD
- Share Our Strength (No Kid Hungry)COVID-19$207,5004/30/2020Supports No Kid Hungry COVID-19 Emergency Relief Response, equipping communities with the resources they need to make sure their kids are fed, both during this crisis and in its aftermath. Total Grant: $250k in partnership with beyGOOD
- UCSF FoundationCOVID-19$300,0004/28/2020Supports the research of Dr. Ashley Mason and Oura Ring in identifying early/asymptomatic COVID-19 infections in potentially exposed individuals.
- Indiana University FoundationCOVID-19$25,0004/28/2020Supports the COVID-19 Vital Data Generation Research Program.
- Hospitality HelpsCOVID-19$100,0004/28/2020Supports the production and distribution of lunches and dinners to families in need in the San Francisco Bay Area. Hospitality Helps is a partnership of Taste Catering, Peninsula Food Runners and Meals on Wheels (Fiscal Sponsor) and has been able to help employ furloughed food service workers in the Bay Area to assist with their program.
- CDE FoundationCOVID-19$1,000,0004/28/2020Supporting the "California Bridging the Digital Divide" Fund, a joint effort of the Governor's Office, State Board of Education, CA Department of Education and CDE Foundation. Funds will be used to provide essential device, connectivity and related digital learning supports for PK-12 students, teachers and their families in CA.
- Team HumanityCOVID-19$13,3334/14/2020Supports sanitization efforts in the Moria refugee camp on the Greek island of Lesvos. Total Grant: $40k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation & Sean Carter Foundation
- Direct ReliefCOVID-19$26,6674/14/2020Supports purchasing of testing cartridges to build COVID-19 testing capacity in Saint Lucia, Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Dominica,St. Kitts and Nevis, and Antigua and Barbuda. This grant will also support medicine kits needed in hospital ICUs to over five additional locations throughout the Caribbean. Total Grant: $80k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation & Sean Carter Foundation
- The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation / GAIA's Community-Based HIV Testing ServicesCOVID-19$33,0004/14/2020Supports the Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance (GAIA) Community-Based HIV Testing Services to work with mobile clinics to manage the anticipated spread of COVID-19 in the Mulanje and Phalombe districts of Malawi. Total Grant: $100k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation & Sean Carter Foundation
- Hispanic Federation Non-Profit Emergency Assistance Fund of Puerto RicoCOVID-19$167,0004/14/2020Supports health clinics in Puerto Rico. Funds will go towards triage shelters, supplies & personal protective equipment (PPE) for a network of over 20 clinics across Puerto Rico. Total Grant: $500k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation & Sean Carter Foundation
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)COVID-19$333,0004/14/2020Supports COVID-19 response efforts in the hardest to reach & most vulnerable areas of the world. Funds will go towards COVID-19 case management, training, set-up of ICU, hospital beds, isolation units, development of response guidelines & best practices in countries including Syria, Yemen, Bangladesh, South Sudan, Mali, Ivory Coast, Senegal, DRC, Cambodia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Haiti, Venezuela, El Salvador and Greece. Total Grant: $2M ($1M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation & Sean Carter Foundation + $1M match from UBS Optimus Fund)
- Total Community ActionCOVID-19$167,0004/14/2020In partnership with the New Orleans Mayor's Office of Community and Economic Development, to support rental assistance for economically vulnerable Orleans Parish residents impacted by the pandemic. Funds will match the current government funding to grant up to $750 in rental assistance per household. Total Grant: $500k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation & Sean Carter Foundation
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans & AcadianaCOVID-19$333,0004/14/2020Will support food sourcing and storage, non-touch distribution & delivery services & supplemental staff due to a decrease in volunteers. Total Grant: $1M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation & Sean Carter Foundation
- World Central Kitchen (New Orleans)COVID-19$333,0004/14/2020Supporting meals for homeless & senior populations in New Orleans. Funds will support the activation of local restaurants & workers. Total Grant: $1M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation & Sean Carter Foundation
- Covenant House (New Orleans)COVID-19$167,0004/14/2020To support shelter, food, clothing, counseling & medicine for homeless, at-risk & trafficked youth, many of whom are jobless at the moment. Funds will support six-months of shelter, food, medical attention and supplies for homeless youth. Total Grant: $500k in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation & Sean Carter Foundation
- New York City's Mayor's Office to End Domestic and Gender-Based ViolenceCOVID-19$161,8154/14/2020To support the Mayor’s Officer to End Domestic and Gender-Based Violence (ENDGBV). Supports domestic violence survivors who need a capital injection to ensure their safety and stability during COVID-19. Micro grants will allow the financing of immediate needs of food, clothing, temporary housing & more. Total Grant: $485,444 in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation & Sean Carter Foundation
- GiveDirectlyCOVID-19$333,3334/14/2020Supporting cash transfers to low income families in the mainland US as well as in Puerto Rico. Total Grant: $1M in partnership with Clara Lionel Foundation & Sean Carter Foundation.
- Masks For The PeopleCOVID-19$1,000,0004/13/2020Provides free masks, hand sanitizer and testing kits for the incarcerated, formerly incarcerated, violence interrupters, elderly in our community, and most vulnerable black and brown loved ones in urban and rural communities.
- Direct ReliefCOVID-19$2,000,0004/13/2020Support Direct Relief emergency response to COVID-19. Supports healthcare Orgs and professionals who care for medically underserved communities
- America's Food FundCOVID-19$100,0004/2/2020Help fund meals to people impacted by COVID
- MayvennCOVID-19$500,0005/15/2020Supports the campaign launched by Mayvenn to provide $500 to each of their stylists across the country. Mayvenn is a tech company that was created to empower hairstylists in the African American community. Using technology, Mayvenn helps boost stylists incomes by connecting them with new clients and helping them sell products. They noticed their stylists, who are predominantly female African Americans, were losing most of or all of their income due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and decided to raise funds to help these stylists get back on their feet.
Questions taken from @jack's thread
- What's the primary objective of the fund?
To fund global COVID-19 relief. After we disarm this pandemic, the focus will shift to girl’s health and education, and UBI.
- Why UBI and girl’s health and education?
I believe they represent the best long-term solutions to the existential problems facing the world. UBI is a great idea needing experimentation. Girl’s health and education is critical to balance: https://www.drawdown.org/solutions/health-and-education
- Why is #startsmall a LLC?
This segments and dedicates my shares to these causes, and provides flexibility. Grants will be made from Start Small Foundation or the LLC directly based on the beneficiary org. All transfers, sales, and grants will be made public in tracking sheet.
- Why the transparency?
It’s important to show my work so I and others can learn. I’ve discovered and funded ($40mm) many orgs with proven impact and efficiency in the past, mostly anonymously. Going forward, all grants will be public. Suggestions welcome. Drop your cash app ;)
- Why pull just from Square and not Twitter?
Simply: I own a lot more Square. And I’ll need to pace the sales over some time. The impact this money will have should benefit both companies over the long-term because it’s helping the people we want to serve.